Thread: Help!
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2021, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
For our small cars and motorcycles we've been a Honda family for 30 years. Next car will be a Toyota, probably spring this year, probably a RAV4 to replace our CRV.

Being a big fan of Honda cars, motorcycles, Honda's racing efforts, Honda history, Soichiro Honda and vintage Hondas. I can say honestly their quality and dependability and innovation has been on a steady decline since ten years after the death of Soichiro Honda in 1991. He was one of those rare guys that cared as much about quality as money, loved him some racing too, hugely innovative.

I've watched their cars decline in quality from a hands on perspective as we get the wife a new Honda every three years. Still a good car and a decent product ... but Toyota has surpassed them by a considerable margin in my opinion. Or more accurately ... Honda has dropped below Toyota quality.
I agree, we have bought new Hondas' since the late 80s, and there is a noticeable decline in quality from then until now. That being said, we have not had any major issues from any Honda. There are interesting decisions being made by the Honda bean-counters. We bought a new Pilot LX last summer, and it does not include an outside thermometer! Pretty surprising for a 30k automobile.
I will also agree on the level of quality at Toyota. I have a 2008 Tundra (5.7) that is like new and has never had any issues.
Good luck on your search!