View Single Post
Old 12-03-2016, 11:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reid View Post
I went to Summit on my lunch break, took a cap with me and the WV-62 series wheels don't work any better. I'm glad I did not have them shipped at least.
I'm going to be happy with my GM produced 6" wheels for now. I know you guys say the tape works fine but I don't want to spend $200 for another .5~1 inch of tread width and have to put tape on to get them to work as well as a pair of wheels I already have.
It would be different if I did not already have a set that work and look fine. Just wanted a little more width!

Greg, are you using the original or repop Poverty caps? The reason I ask is that I bought 2 wheels from Summit for my 65 (I already had 2 GM wheels) and the set of NOS caps that I had worked fine on both sets of wheels. The original GM wheels are on the front on my 65 and the ones I bought from Summit are on the back. I do know that when I was looking them up to purchase them that there were 2 different wheels that Summit sold. Let me know and I'll look and try to find my old invoice and see exactly what I have.

Jerry

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT