View Single Post
Old 08-22-2006, 12:30 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiacguy
R70Judge, I have three engines for the car. With the 474 its run as fast as 9:72 @ 138.00 on motor.I currently have a 462 in it that was built for N2o and its run 10:13 @ 134.00 on motor. ( what a pig ) I didnt shoot it yet. Im also in the process of building an IA-2 that will go in next season. Im currntly deciding on which way to go with this motor as far as combination. Ill need to buy better cylinder heads for it also as my Edelbrocks wont fit the bill. This car is a complete street legal car not a stripped out shell type race car.

Apache Warrior, Id like to share some info on your engine install. Youd be better off mounting the front of the engine with a full one piece motor plate accross the front of the engine either behind the timing cover or water pump. And the use of a mid plate between the engine and trans. Your looking for trouble mounting to the cylinder heads. You dont want to be putting undo stress on the head bolts. Your head gaskets will fail. Dont use solid motor mounts or it will crack and fail the #2 main. Please veiw this as constructive criticism Im trying to help. Scott.
I plan on using solid motor mounts with a factory V-8 engine cradle. The engine is a 462 with Kauffman D-ports and offenhauser dual quad hooked to a turbo 400. Do you suggest that I stick with the standard factory mounts?? I was going to switch to solids because of the tight spacing between the exhaust manifolds and the steering shaft. Thoughts??

1966 GTO Hardtop - PS 14.84 @ 97mph