View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 12:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

One nite about 11 PM, My wife and I were leaving Tucson driving thru Oro Valley heading north driving a rental, after visiting with relatives. I forget the name of the road, (Oro Valley road?) but it's wide, multi lane, but a low speed limit. You know, one of those roads that should be 60 and it's 45?

In any case, I see the lights go on behind me, officer pulls me over. He comes along side my car shines his light on my face and jumps back a bit away from the car. He then says " you are *******! , some celebrity name I'm not familiar with. I say what?????

He proceeds to tell me I look like whoever (I found out later some pro football team coach), told me I was more than 10 MPH above limit, I probably was. looked at my license, rental car paperwork, etc. and asked me if anyone ever told me I resembled that person.

I replied on occasion people say I resemble Sean Connery, once on a plane the stewardess asked my wife if we get asked, another in a grocery store a woman was circling around us looking at me and asked....could be worse, I guess. He told me to slow down and let me go.

Interesting nite.......

George