View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 09:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Stock Eliminator Info

Due to the recent interest in Randi Lyn's '67 Bird Stocker, I decided to start 2 different threads--one for Stock & one for Super Stock.

The purpose of the threads are to:

(1) Take a closer look at the cars & drivers currently running.

(2) Take a look back at some of the successful cars & drivers of the past.

(3) Discuss possible good combos for a competitive car.

(4) Discuss actual specs & parts needed to build a competitive car, to different performance levels--from a car that will barely run the index, to a national event class winner, to a national record setter.

(5) Provide sources for the info & special parts needed.

(6) Provide a place where those building a Stock/SS car, or considering it, can ask questions.

There are several members here who are racing Stock/SS cars, or have in the past. Some of these guys can share valuable first hand info, most of which can not be found with a simple Google search. Some racers are glad to share info. Some are not. Some are too busy & don't have time. For those who are & will take the time, this will give them the opportunity to share their knowledge with us.

I may never have another Stocker, and most of you won't. But, on this forum, I think there are quite a few who are interested & will enjoy at least some of what this thread will contain.

Looking forward to seeing how much good info is presented in these threads !