View Single Post
Old 05-04-2020, 03:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

More work continues to get done. Got a new fuel pump and fuel lines installed. I hooked up an electric pump to the tank and it didn't pull anything from it, so the tank appears to be empty (it sounds empty when I bang on it as well). Hooked up the alternator and power steering pump and then ran the spark plug wires and hooked the coil up. The engine harness is in decent shape but the yellow start wire at the starter is broken and the oil pressure idiot light is all junked up and needs to be fixed. The transmission kickdown wiring is also missing. The harness will likely need to be replaced in the near future anyways as I'm sure after patching it will exhibit all sorts of fun little electrical gremlins that shut the car off in the middle of driving.

Now to spend some time under the car getting the transmission cooler lines run, the driveshaft installed, and the gear shifter hooked up. Then get the coolant hoses run and patch up the harness, then it should be ready to fire up and verify if it runs.

The spare manifolds I have both have cracks in them, so they're no good. I'm thinking this is the perfect time to put a set of HO manifolds on the car instead of spending money tracking down another set of logs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hu1-newfuelpump.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	539133   Click image for larger version

Name:	hu1-batterycable.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	539134   Click image for larger version

Name:	hu1-coilwires.jpg
Views:	128