View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 01:51 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78Macho View Post
Yes, the radio accommodation package essentially gave you the hook up for a radio, but not a radio mounted in the dash. Otherwise I believe it would have listed something such as Am radio, AM/FM stereo etc... I am contemplating putting it back with a delete plate in place and possibly putting a blue tooth behind the glove box. This is similar to what I did for my Macho.

I had a loaded Heritage brown '79 W72 I bought from the original owner back in the late '80's. It had everything but power locks, including a power CB antenna!

I am really stoked about this project. Unfortunately it was described a little different than what I ended up with... I recently spoke with the long time owner that had it stored in his pole barn for over 25 years. It has been ridden very, very hard and put away wet one too many times. The body is rust-free, but there is some surface rust that I wasn't expecting.

I don't have many pictures of it right now. One is of it arriving on a truck from PA and the other is of the engine compartment. Seller put the original engine back in the car for shipping. It had a 455/400 turbo in it before it was stored away in the barn. Evidently the last registered owner like to go fast and originality wasn't a factor. If it didn't have the original engine to go along with the car, I probably would have passed on the car.
I'd like to find another like that.

She woke up sunny side down and I was still thinking I was too proud to flip her over