View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 11:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

A lot of the design was taken from clip art, or digitally removed from pictures. Lettering was then added. I've stood right there while the design was made, and it was usually under an hour depending upon the complexity/editing of the design, but it still wasn't cheap by any stretch of the imagination.

Most times when someone has an inkjet printer, (ink to garment) which I'm pretty confident that this is how these shirts are being done. The initial print of one shirt is usually between 35-50 dollars, it then drops quickly the more shirts you order.

I investigated buying an ITG printer, by going to a trade show, but didn't like the finished quality of the shirt. I had my digital art work already, and gave it to the representative to use to make me samples of my artwork printed with their machine, so there was little to no setup/editing involved He still took about 15 minutes to print the initial shirt. Of course after the initial shirt was done it took about 2-3 minutes to print each additional shirt.

I decided to keep doing mine with silkscreen and ink, because the ITG shirts fade quickly the more times they are washed. I wanted a durable product and I still have some shirt from 2005 that I wear, so the durability of the silkscreened shirts was much better. The ITG shirts (2010) are all really faded by this time, I think my wife threw most ,if not all of them away.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated