View Single Post
Old 12-25-2006, 09:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hi Les!! & A Very Merry Christmas To you & yours!!!

The 4 cyl rods have a small chamfer on BOTH sides!! They could be installed either way. I have them installed as per the factory manual. I was concerned that they may be in wrong. Just want to cover all my bases. I guess there is enough thrown off of the rods when it is running to provide lube to the cyl & wrist pin. This engine is .060 over, 400 press fit pin flat tops, 9 to 1 compression, pump gas engine. BOP rear seal, melling pump, crank polished out to std-std on rods & mains, balance shop was complaining that they wore out their drill bit in the balance process. I just want this to be bullit proof, as it is going to be in my next daily driver & dont have the time & $$$ to do over. Guess I will finish assembly, oil & prime it up & try to get it installed next weekend!!

Old "Betsy" is getting tired again!! Rear main is leaking real bad & transmission is starting to slip a bit. Time to take her out of service for a while & freshen her up!!

We are planning on being in Bakersfield for the march meet, hope to see you & Sharon at Pontiacheaven!!

Keith