View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 04:37 PM

I will add a few things (this is my dads car)

Engine was built at a speed shop. Using the stock flexplate and was run on an engine dyno. As far as we can tell it runs spot on and has no misfire or other symptoms.

The vibration starts at low speed and continues to get more pronounced as speed increases. It is present on and off throttle. It goes away at any speed if you shift to neutral and let the car roll.

Other symptoms that we have noticed in our very limited test driving (less than 15 miles):

The car is not accelerating the way the dyno numbers say it should. It has some kick to it, but absolutely not what it should.

Our last test drive we could smell what to me smelled exactly like burnt clutch as if someone were riding the clutch pedal in a manual.

When you put the car in gear it's like getting kicked in the ass, it really slams into gear, often times stalling out. We thought the idle may just be too high, but now I think this is related too.

Lastly, transmission came from the shop that rebuilt it with the TC already seated...supposedly.