View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 07:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by younggto View Post
Since toe is the last alignment adjustment to make personally I wouldn’t bother, but it will roll better if not completely out of whack. Set the tires parallel and forget about it for now IMO. The alignment shop will/should center the steering wheel anyway.

Without the tires being on swivel plates you need to roll the car back and forth 15’ to re-center the tires between each adjustment; layers of newspaper or thin cardboard under the tires haven’t worked well enough for myself in the past. My luck the springs would be different heights and I’d have to take it apart anyway...

And as said about the bushings; 100% correct!

One thing I will add; the fewer times a wrench is put on the freshly painted parts the less chance of damage.
If you set the toe with the weight on the chassis instead of jacking it up to make the adjustments you negate all the pushing it back and forth after making the adjustments. It's why front end alignment machines are designed to make adjustments most times with the weight on the chassis. The reason there is a pit around the alignment heads is so you can work from below the car with the chassis loaded.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated