View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 05:39 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimib View Post
Murf:
I'll get back to you questions later this week; I currently have a heavy workload.
Murf;

When you say “sash channel”, I’m assuming you are referring to the top area of the vent window that forms an A shape where the chromed, pot metal, “Vent Window Frame” meets with the sash channel (that is in between the vent window and the main window). If my assumption is correct, there’s simply one screw that joins these two pieces. In the pic I attached, you “cannot” see the screw because it’s embedded within the weather strip.

My Vent Window Frame is original; I just had it re-chromed; so I can’t speak for the reproduction. But if I had to buy replacements, this would be in the Ames catalog G34, vent window frame part # F215 and door glass sash channel part # F238F. I think your 65 and my 67 use the same parts.

So; at this point in this thread, I wish we could compare original parts to replacement parts. If need be, I’ll remove the weather stripping on my original parts, take pic’s and maybe help you with your reproduction parts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VentWindow6.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	504770