View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 08:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Right before covid struck I brought my car the track. Street tires and a stick. My drive shaft is 3.5" in diameter, 1350 U joints and a 10 bolt(3.42). 2nd pass snapped an axle like a twig. Put the car on the trailer. I was kinda glad in a way because I had 12 bolt laying around for 30+ years and this gave me a reason to put it in. So, for the 12 bolt, I bought Strange axles, ring and pinion (3.73), I studded the caps with ARP studs, a Strange forged yoke, ARP wheel studs and a girdle. I go back to the track and this time on the second run, which was about the time track started getting really sticky, I broke the spider gears which happened to take out my new R&P. With all that being said, the next time I go to the track I will be rolling out. I tried to get hardened spider gears but nobody seems to have them in stock right now and no production in the foreseeable future.

1978 Black & Gold T/A [complete 70 Ram Air III (carb to pan) PQ and 12 bolt], fully loaded, deluxe, WS6, T-Top car - 1972 Formula 455HO Ram Air numbers matching Julep Green - 1971 T/A 455, 320 CFM Eheads, RP cam, Doug's headers, Fuel injection, TKX 5 Spd. 12 Bolt 3.73, 4 wheel disc. All A/C cars