View Single Post
Old 03-26-2006, 11:21 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Deadhead- Nice lookin GP. I predict plenty of gas in the future. I also predict gas-powered cars to go dead within 25 years and for gas to become what racing/jet fuel is today (something like 8 bucks a gallon (+ future inflation etc)) but I bet gas will be there. So Build that car!! :O
Also - I believe your (deadhead) GP was the one that had a really reflective picture of after it had been zymoled(?) i believe in that very same parking lot setting as the last pic on your last post. Am I right? It looked like green glass! I haven't done a whole all over wax job on my car since last august but I believe since the weather is nicening again I'll have to do it next time I see the car. I did do a few intermediate chrome-only wax jobs since summer to protect it. Was simply too darn cold to do the whole 18+ft length of car!

Stig- I noticed a few trouble spots on my paint. Namely just beneath the car's convertible top snap-rivet ring. Seems like some of the paint has deterriorated under there (prolly the nice ol' guy I bought it from couldn't get all the wax he wanted to under there...) That and a tiny chip came off the corner of the trunk. I can see they painted the montero red over the original starlight black.. It's a very nice paint job although I don't get why they didn't strip the starlight black completely off... or it could be a primmer i dont even know for sure. Anyways I'll probably take it to a shop to get touched up on those few spots some time. (maybe next year? maybe this summer?) But it's good to know my montero red acts like yours - bright red in the sun - burgandy in the dark shade.

mike