Thread: WIW 70 Formula
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2015, 05:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Progress slowed over the holiday, but it's full steam ahead now.

The hood, bumper, valence, fender and door gaps look great at this point. I'm particularly happy that the hood is straight and free of cracks. About ready to be disassembled so the car can go back to the media blaster.

The car has been on Randy's jig for months now. It will go back on when it comes back from media blasting so that quarters, tail panel, subframe and connectors are dead nuts perfect. The car is being built to drive and the last thing I want is a weird vibration.

We'll also need to mock up the engine to make sure everything fits under the formula hood. The engine will sit back an inch (due to the DSE subframe), and although the FI unit is shorter than a q-jet, we're planning on using a slightly taller intake (looks like short Super Victor)...I'm not sure how this is all going to work out.

Test fitted the quarters…they look really good.

Randy welded in the 4-point roll bar yesterday--I seriously considered going with a completely blind set-up that Albert mentioned, but I'm sticking to the cap I set on the jack I'm willing to dump into this deal. I may still add short diagonal pieces from the main hoop to the subframe connectors (behind the front seat) for added rigidity. It's not like my wife will ever let my kids get in the back seat so easy access is moot at this point.

Last edited by Gator67; 01-28-2015 at 05:28 PM.