Thread: 69 GTO
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 11:25 AM

Default 69 GTO

Hello, must say I am glad I got pointed in the direction of this forum. I have been non stop reading and searching and finding there are a lot of knowledgeable/passionate people on this forum!

I bought back my parents old GTO many years ago and am finally getting the ball rolling on bringing it to life. Have so many question so I thought I would start my own thread!

Have alittle different ram air 69. It’s been in the family since 73 and it was painted red before 73 so don’t know what it would of originally looked like.

Would really love to give it a complete Supercar Specialties type of resto but is it worth it? First of don’t really have that kinda money to spend on it and it’ll never be sold and would like to drive it...

A few options I know off hand are:

Cameo white, red interior, hideaway lights, N95 wire wheels, tape player, door edge, D98 stripe, posi 3:90, M40 Column shift and L67.

First off should I do my best to use nos sheet metal? Is acid dipping and soda blasting the best options for stripping it down?

Read that Baltimore 69’s aren’t that famous for build sheets. Is that true? So far I searched the whole interior and looks like something might have been under the rear seat but the mice got to it. Did find this. Any idea what it would of been from? Looks like interior code and body type.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C1D547F8-F513-4193-9050-2C93E87EA09D.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	483032