View Single Post
Old 09-01-2018, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
Well I got my reservations at the host hotel as early as possible & I was planning on attending this event again last year. I made several expensive upgrades to my car new windshield, new interior door panels, new and rear plastic panels & replaced several pieces of crumbling trim pieces. My car looks very nice I have entered it in 3 central Ohio car shows & it has always received a plaque or trophy in each show. So it is a nice looking car. However at the Trans Am nationals you are treated like a red headed stepchild with leprosy if you car has very many alterations from stock.
I was afraid this would happen again like last year. I was placed in the very back of the car lot . I thought it couldn't get worse. I was WAY wrong. This year I was placed at the very end corner of the far lot beside some huge storage containers & several Non Pontiac/street cars. The only worse place would have been on the other side of the fence along the freeway I was only a few feet away from that.
I didn't care if my car did anything in the show .I enjoy talking to people. However Saturday I sat by my car for 5-6 hours & only really had 2-3 people come over to talk to me about my car. The way my car was placed I wasn't really a part of the show. I have attended this show many years I started attending in 1989-90 with my dad. This car was a car my Dad owned and built in 1989 & I did all of the paint & body work at home by myself. It was a huge disappointment to me.
So I guess my advice is to anyone with a modified Trans Am or Firebird to leave it at home. Or park in the guest parking lot because your spot will be just as good. My wife drove her C-6 Corvette & it was parked closer to the action in the guest parking lot. So Sunday Morning I just loaded up around 10:00 & headed Home. Here are some pictures of the "Show Parking Space" they provided Me.
The last picture is a view from my corner of the lot at the rest of the show.
I am sorry to read you were treated like this. Next time I would just park with the others where your year cars are parked. You spend a lot of money on your car and a lot to attend this event, I would never let someone tell me I need to park between a storage container and a daily driver not part of the show.

I have been to shows where I didn't like where I was parked so I moved to a better location after the "parking people" were gone..

I was going to put this show on my bucket list but after reading your post, I will continue to go to Norwalk and not waste time going here.