View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 02:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I know the feeling. I ordered IT exhaust through Amazon. When it arrived there were a few boxes that had shipping holes. I photographed every defect and opened the boxes from the end so if needed I could ship them back. But I must say everything was in perfect shape with no damage what so ever.
But I still had doubts.

In short, the install went well, everything lined up, and I was pretty happy how it all went.
It's not too terribly hard to install especially when working with the frame off. Since its all slip fit and clamped, you need jack stands, rubber bungie cords, and patience as the pipes have a tendency to rotate as you're trying to snug up the clamps. I worked from the back forward using the assembly manual as a guide for clearances. Brackets aren't labeled left or right, just pay attention to the small details and reference the assembly manual often. (I photocopied the pages and kept them handy). You may want to use sealant paste for the joints.

When I dropped the body on the frame I discovered the tail pipes were too high and were hitting the rear bumper. I checked the clamps/brackets against the originals and found that the rear tailpipe brackets needed to be tweaked at an angle to lower the pipes. (see photos) Beyond that, the installation went well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_18f7.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	531726   Click image for larger version

Name:	1dsSYe+3QgKufdOdtRT+Qw.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	531728  

1968 GTO (Thanks Mom)
2006 Silverado