View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 03:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Dick Jesse? Wasn't he Mr. Unswitchable? That "funny car" was outrageous. Center steer but he sat very high and as such his head and top of the cage (if you want to call it a cage) stuck up through the rear roof/window area. It also had some unique tinwork in the body that channeled the exhaust along either side of the chassis and exited up through the rear window and top of the quarter panel area just above the slicks, which forced the tire smoke up through these channels and out the deck of the car on either side, which I understand made for some spectacularly visual burnouts with providing a unique exhaust note.

BB/FC was the '79 Firebird funny car of Dick Rosberg (and later Della Woods) that I found back in 2004 and began restoring. Got the car 85% finished and never ran it under power. Sold it to Mark Coonan 2 years ago as a roller, who plans on dropping a blown and injected BBC with a glide in it.

I kept my engine and trans along with the blower set up. I had to sell the Crower 8-port injection earlier this year to help pay bills but that can always be replaced with a more readily available Enderle hat.

Tom...the next ride will definitely fit my fat arse, which isn't as fat as it used to be but is still there. I've thought about either an altered, to keep costs down, or a mid-60's door car built to resemble an AWB car from that time period. Either way it will be 14-71 blown and on alky, and I'll be sure to be able to fit in it to drive it.