Thread: Don’t be mad
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2020, 10:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Before I got into Pontiac, I was into Ford. My father had both Pontiac and Ford, but was a Hudson guy at heart.

My first car was a Falcon Sprint 260 3-spd, my second car was a 68 Torino GT convertible with a 390 4-spd, my third car was a 1964 Buick Riviera 425 dual quad car. Then came my first Pontiac, a 67 400 4-spd Firebird. My dad had a dealer's license and I often went to the auto auction with him and came home with something interesting. In my junior year of college, I drove a dark green 1970 Torino GT with the laser stripes. It had a 351C automatic.

In the late 70s, my dad bought a tired Ford extended cab pickup to use around his shop. It was a 3/4 ton automatic, I think was a 1973 or 1974. The economy sucked in the late 70s, and a lot of companies were going out of business. he bought the truck cheap at a bankruptcy auction. It had been used by a construction company and was pretty beat up. The old truck was powered by a 360 motor that leaked oil and sucked gas like crazy. He found a low mileage 71 Thunderbird with a 429 that had been involved in an accident, which donated a motor to the cause With the 429 and steep gears, that truck would move.