View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 05:24 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmurrell View Post
There is a '64 convertible GTO with tripower & 4spd for sale in the April edition of the Legend. Owner is Cleve Thurber and can be contacted at clevethurber@gmail.com or (313) 886-2805. Bill
I talked the the gentleman as it is a local call for me. He probably lives 3 miles away from me.

Here is how the car is built:

1964 Pontiac GTO Convertible, 4-speed, Tri-Power; Aquamarine, parchment interior, white top; power steering, power brakes, power windows, wood wheel, console w/vacuum gauge, Hurst wheels w/new Coker redline tires, splitters, padded dash, electric clock, vintage sun tach mounted on steering column, AM-FM stereo w/trunk-mounted 12-disc CD changer (have original radio); MSD ignition, new clutch/flywheel, new 3.56 rear axle, ceramic coated headers, Flowmaster exhaust system, engine meticulously rebuilt, balanced and blueprinted. Top-shelf restoration by R&A Engineering, Manchester, Michigan. PHS documented, Protect-O-Plate. All receipts.
$89,500

http://ra-restorations.com/

(Supposed to have done restorations for Bob "the Putz")

The car has obviously been tweaked to suit the owners taste.

"Vintage sun tach mounted on steering column, AM-FM stereo w/trunk-mounted 12-disc CD changer (have original radio); MSD ignition, new 3.56 rear axle, ceramic coated headers, Flowmaster exhaust system"

Lots of pictures in Hemmings. Car has been on the market for 8 months.
Owner says he will lose money at sale of $89k. Not a Pontiac guy as did not know if car was built in Pontiac, K.C., etc. He said that he would look at the protect-o-plate and read the build letter. He has PHS info but if it is for a Pontiac build and the car was k.C. then we know stuff is wrong.

He has owned the car for 3 years.

Tom Vaught

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.