View Single Post
Old 08-24-2020, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy2001 View Post
I am taking the plunge and ordered one. I was concerned about long term durability and the actual fitment but decided that with the 30 day shipping only returns, I would take the chance. It was either that or try new heads, EFI, or some other more expensive option. My Pontiac 400 has stock #15 heads with 10.5 compression and need to run pump fuel, and lots of it due to living up in the mountains and driving lots of highway miles. She loves driving at 4-5000 feet but can't get her properly tuned down in the valley.
I have downloaded the app to my tablet and have already set up some profiles to try for different types of driving. I'll try to get some before and after info for general performance and mileage. Will let you all know how it works out!
Good luck with your installation. Now I don't feel so lonely I wish I had more to contribute, but have been dealing with engine front end issues.

I heard a clunking noise as I was adjusting the rebuilt carb I installed and found an oil leak from the front seal. removing the balancer, I found that the balancer was cracked across the key way and it was that which took out the front seal. Then, as I was looking at that, I noticed water stains from the weep hole on the water pump. removing all that revealed many botched helicoil repairs to the timing cover. Crap

So, in for a penny, in for a pound. I replaced the timing chain and sprockets, timing cover, balancer, and included a cast iron FlowKooler pump and stainless separator plate, which I clearanced before installation.

As I put the coolant back in about an hour ago, it started leaking from around the petcock (I had replaced the trashed original while the rad was out of the car). I'm on my 2nd beer and will deal with it tomorrow . Anyway, when I can run the silly thing more, I'll have more to report about the distributor