View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 10:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well I'm way longer than I wanted to be but I have started back on the grille project and I hope to be able to show the prototypes off at the T/A Nationals, not the place that I should be showing them that's for sure, but it's the last large show of the year that I will be attending with our T Shirt sales.

If you own a late model GTO and are going to be attending the T/A Nationals in Dayton I will have the finished prototypes there to look at mounted in a spare bumper cover at our booth. I don't have molds made up yet but that isn't the time consuming part, making the originals and figuring out how to have them attach to the front bumper cover without using the mickey mouse clip system GM designed is the hard part. Mine will have threaded studs and nuts to hold them in place as they should have on the originals.

These will have a hexagon grille in them to match the hood scoop inlet grilles, however they can be changed to any other type of grille material easily as the insert will bolt in to the grille surround. I may offer other options for insert material down the road, but for the time being they will be hexagon material.

I know this has taken way longer than I originally intended, but a foot injury at work over a year ago has really pretty much changed alot of things in the past year. The foot is still not fully recovered, but at least I finally found a doctor to pinpoint what the injury is and has a plan to get it healed up. Maybe I'll be able to have gilles back in my own car too....LOL. I've been driving it without grilles for over a year.

Thanks for looking, Brad Yost
1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated