View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 09:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD455DJ View Post
Gary,

Interesting as I had a very similar conversation with John Sawruk at the Pure Stock Drags back 15 years, or more, ago and he was describing a Silver with black guts Tempest post coupe a fellow engineer at the proving grounds (Black Lake in Milford?) ordered with the WT 400, I believe the std. M-13 3-speed trans, 3.55 Saf-t-track, and G-70 blackwall tires on black steel wheels & dog dishes, and maybe, PS & PDB's. He wrote the options on a piece of paper I had in my car and I still have it in my files. I'll have to scan it and post it in a few days. John said he swapped in an M-20 4-speed trans and that it was hard to beat in the quarter mile.

Dennis
dennis, im sure you knew john a lot better than I did, but I never knew him to say stuff that wasn't factual and like I said he had the paper he gave me showing that showed various things like top speed, quarter mile times, braking distances, mpg etc... but I do remember that when comparing the 400 , ram air 3 and ram air 4 A bodies and F bodies there was very little difference in the quarter mile times.