View Single Post
Old 01-23-2020, 02:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID67goat View Post
I don't know...this very well could be real.

Some jobs that pay a car allowance usually state that you must drive a car that is less than X years old....at the last company I worked at you were supposed to have a car newer than 4 years old, but it was the managers discretion to enforce it...so if you had a well kept car that was older nobody would bother you about it. The guys driving junkers would be talked to like this email/letter.
The Dealer body that I worked for gave us demo's for years but because of liabilities, did away with them for non sales positions. Being a Parts and Service Director, I lost my demo. In it's place, they gave us a $550.00 per month allowance for a vehicle. The stipulation was, the vehicle you drove had be no older than 5 years old, from the manufacturer in which you worked, (they owned approx 15 different manufacturers), kept clean, etc. If you violated any of the issues, your allowance could be removed.

It's possible he worked in a position where an allowance was given however, I would have thought that would have been mentioned in the letter.