View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 12:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68gtoMN View Post
This is but one side of the equation and to one specific use for the fuel. Sure, you can build an engine to take advantage of the inherent positive properties of ethanol (cooler running, higher resistance to detonation [octane]) and that makes it a great potential choice for the track. Running this in a passenger car does not, in my opinion, make economic or environmental sense. I have stacks of studies, reams of information about true cost to manufacture and the ancillary effects of ethanol production on food supply/prices and wetlands and dry lands and.... Regardless of which camp you find yourself in, Ethanol can not compete in the market as a regular fuel without massive subsidies. That point alone tells me nearly all I need to know.
You think the oil companies arent subsidized? Think oil companies are going to "correct" the untruths being thrown around about a product they dont want to compete with? Think they have no hand in the disinformation campaign thats ongoing? Oil companies used their $$$$$$$$$ to crush ethanols use as a motor fuel 100 years ago... do you really think they have had a change of heart?

If so I got something you want to buy!

Is it the perfect fuel? No, but neither is gasoline.