View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 07:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWilkie View Post
You think the oil companies arent subsidized? Think oil companies are going to "correct" the untruths being thrown around about a product they dont want to compete with? Think they have no hand in the disinformation campaign thats ongoing? Oil companies used their $$$$$$$$$ to crush ethanols use as a motor fuel 100 years ago... do you really think they have had a change of heart?

If so I got something you want to buy!

Is it the perfect fuel? No, but neither is gasoline.
Bruce, let's not mix topics here. The oil companies offer products derived from petroleum that stand on their own. They are for-profit enterprises. Even without ANY incentive/subsidy, there would be a market for their products and customers would pay for them - gasoline included. Where there IS a subsidy in "gasoline" it is for the Government - they make many times more profit from the sale of a gallon of gasoline than does any Oil company. Fact. Ethanol, on the other hand, has many hurdles to overcome that gasoline does not. Ethanol does not stand on it's own in the marketplace without subsidies. Plants close when mandates are removed or subsidies lessened. Again, this is what happens.

Oil companies do not have to fear ethanol or alternative fuels. They are not evil. They have no collective conscience that decided to "hold down the man" to get his money and crush anyone who does not follow their lead. Sorry, it does not work that way.

I'm not telling you that you should not run ethanol if you like! Go ahead and enjoy the improved performance. I wish you much success and enjoyment in this pursuit (no sarcasm implied at all). Ethanol is a known quantity. it's production is known and has been known for eons. The reason it has not taken off is because there are other, more viable alternatives that pose far fewer challenges. Mainly, that is gasoline.

Land of Lakes Muscle Car Classic
Facebook Event
Facebook Wall (Kurt Smith,Minneapolis)