View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 11:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARPed View Post
I think we are going down the wrong path with the politics side of things here, my intent was to show some facts about e85 as a race/performance fuel - not to say the world will end if we don't switch to it in our passenger cars or replace all petroleum based fuels with ethanol. As I said in the beginning - I am not a tree hugger. I am sure that the oil industry has their own share of false propaganda too. Neither is saying the whole truth I am sure and the truth does lie somewhere in-between. But as you might have noticed this topic was placed in the race section.
BTW - there was a 50 cent a gallon tax credit for e85 but was lifted almost two years ago.....not saying there aren’t other though..
Hey Warped, nothing I posted was meant as derogatory toward you or was meant to belittle the potential advantages of e85 as racing fuel. Clearly there are reasons why this is a great choice in this regard. I support your use of this fuel and wish you much success in using it!

I don't know that I learned anything from this video about "myths" that were supposedly busted. I mainly heard propaganda for ethanol and against oil from a man who is an author/activist and entrepreneur (don't lose sight of that point) and not a scientist.

I recognize that you don't support the "tree hugger claims", as you stated, etc. This guy, sadly, does not make a compelling case scientifically for what he claims. Dissecting his first video of 27 minutes, he talks about Saab's failed variable combustion chamber tech, a supposed new 400 HP alcohol only sports car, the diesel engine, American Petroleum Institute conspiracies and hardly delves into what his point is. He's a distraction artist. And Saabs variable engine failed, the sports car never materialized, Saab is gone... History does not support him or his arguments and he has no "credentials" to support them either.

You were looking for support and urging others to view these videos. I did. I am not impressed nor persuaded of anything other than gasoline is far better everyday fuel compared to alcohol. Alcohol mixed with gasoline can provide benefits at the race track. No politics injected by me.

Land of Lakes Muscle Car Classic
Facebook Event
Facebook Wall (Kurt Smith,Minneapolis)