View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 10:23 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
I WILL answer your questions since I’ve been running superchargers since the mid 80’s. For instant torque nothing beats supercharger ( of course roots blowers are by far king)! A supercharger is harder on bearings the a turbo but In my 30 something years I’ve only spun one bearing, now I’ve broken 2 factory blocks and one IA block but it was a power thing and one bad rod bolt in my Oliver rod! That brings me to where I’m at now........aluminum rods the best thing since flat screen tv’s! Yes I would run them in a street car! They make a world of difference in the bearings in a blower engine! Since I’ve been running them my bearings always look new! Obviously since the blower runs off a belt it tougher on the crank snout...........a good steel crank will take care of it, in your case! A Whipple or Edelbrock I think would work great for you.

GTO George
Thanks for your advice. I'm really not wanting to go with a roots style blower and already have the North Wind intake modified for MPFI so my options at this point are centrifugal or turbo. I am planning on just runing a 90degree elbow and running a large single bore LS throttle body up top...

I have been hearing a lot about the aluminum rods and honestly if I had not already committed to the current build I would have most likely gone that route... however at the time of my shopping spreee... everyone to include their grandmothers where saying no to aluminum rods... I have sense heard several speak up for them... ohh well... there is always next build. So its going to have heavy 6.70 Scat Rods and CP pistons with a 40cc dish to get it down to 9:1cr with 72cc heads. 10psi on top of that should make for some fun daily driving... LOL

SPEED SAFE, NICK