View Single Post
Old 09-06-2019, 10:06 PM

I got one. I’ll try to shorten it up. I was in my mid 20’s. My buddy had a 72 camaro with 454. Red/welds/L88 hood. Very cool car. Ported oval ports, comp 306 solid (260-629-110) big HVH intake 850 Holley 11.1. 3500 stall 4.10’s. Stock suspension. No traction bars or connectors yet ( iirc)
We’re at a local hot spot on 29x10 slicks ( I was in his daily driver s10 truck as support vehicle cause combo was new)

So these knuckleheads had a gold 68 camaro big n littles. Big block “396” with a cheater. Fresh from the 1/8 mile track... beers on their breath. Real Hillbilly types ( which is nothing wrong with that) Lol
They run heads up 3-4 times. Slicks to slicks. All steel to all steel. “ motor to motor” ( yeah right...). We lose.. we lose again.. we lose again. We have NO traction on this grooves type pavement!! Our motor made 575hp on an engine dyno and never got nitrous testing. It was a NOS big shot spray bar plumbed into the plenum for low hood clearance.

Pills were set at 200Hp. All forged motor.. LOVED the juice!!
OMG this thing was nasty on the jug. He said SCREW IT... bottle to their “ straight motor” ( you could hear them purging etc). I’m in the support vehicle at the finish line. Not even 660feet. I forget why this was the place but whatever... here they come...... our motor to their bottle. We’re losing AGAIN... and then in 2nd gear something happened. The nitrous was activated and a demonic howl came from the 850 double pumper.. the sound of this engine on juice I cannot put into words. This is why we’re are here on this site for moments like what I’m talking about!!!!!! We’re at 2/3 car deficit until the bottle was hit

As fast as I could turn my head we had 2 BLOCKS on this car!!!!!! They passed my and this red camaro was in another zip code. I will never forget that night!!!