View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 07:52 AM

Default need Help with idle in gear

Hello, i would need advice which direction should i go with carburator or ignittion? My problem is rough idle but only in D or R. Park is now perfect. Sorry but I must write a little story.
In the spring Camschaft installed and degree and all values ​​were like in camschaft Card. First I have little vacum leak on Carb. Gasket, then I have lifters very noisy but I can also solve that with more preload (from 8 o`clock to 9 o`clock), then I have rough idle in park but I also solved that, I found that float level was too high, little Play with mixture and everything is perfect in the park.
Now I have the following values, car drive and pull great, it works best:
-withouth vacum (disconnected) 14 ° innitial / purple busching on MSD total 32 ° with Hard Silver and one light Silver comming by 3250 rpm.
- with manifold vacum connected 28 ° idle and when I slowly turn up all in 48 °
- MSD Vacum can also give me 14hg vacum in idle
- idle mixture 3/4 both rear, front are 1/8 more than rear ( best vacum )
- idle vacum is 16hg and stedy, not move, not a little, Perfect idle.
- RPM drop in gear ( I think it is OK ), 150rpm, idles on 950rpm and in gear 800rpm.
- My Lambda is at idle about 13 and in cruising 12.5 it looks like is little rich but that is my best vacum
Now my problem comes when I go in R auto jerks very strong and vacum drop to 11.5. Vacum is not steady, moving very slowly between 11.5 and 12.5 hg.
(Maybe overlap) and RPM drops to 800 RPM. I feel little vibrations, that's just D or R.
How can I stabilize my vacum in gear and improve idle?
Ignition? Carburator?

My set up: Lunati roller camschaft 231/239 at 0,50 lift, LS110, Centerline 106, 4 ° advance build in, cam was degree all correct like in cam card, Morell lifters, 1.5 Scorpion Rockers, MSD Probillet ready to run, MSD 6AL, Holley Street HP 950 84/84 jets - 6,5PV. Edelbrock Heads / Ed. RPM intake, all Parts from Butler

Sorry for my long story Ivo