View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 02:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I don't care for the V-band either. They are a bit difficult sometimes to monkey around with. Have used them on a couple of turbo cars for piping. They seal nice and tight and look clean when done, but just not always easy to remove.

When I want to make a section of exhaust removable I'll use the thick 2 bolt flanges, cut the pipe, weld them in, done. 3 bolt works fine for that too, I just find the 2 bolt fits in tighter places better and can be clocked so nothing hangs down and stays out of view.

As for kits, Torque Tech was the best out there. Wish they were still around. Mufflex is another I've used that makes large systems that fit very well but they tend to cater to newer generation stuff last time I checked.

I've used Pypes and Flowmaster kits on both F-body and A-body. I can say that neither of them are a direct fit and will absolutely take some fiddling around and tweaking to get the fit just right. The easiest and much more forgiving to do are the A-bodies because they have a generous amount of room to work with. F-bodies take a bit more work. But all those kits do fit, look, and perform well enough if you spend a little time with them.