View Single Post
Old 07-15-2015, 06:47 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Zeppelin View Post
On your Invoice - all the amounts are higher on everything, including base price too.

In speculation - I am thinking the Excise Tax Repeal we see mentioned on some Invoices was in active play on your Invoice.

As in, the beginning year model prices ($1012 Auto WW5 Option Cost time period) were further increased by the Excise Tax. Putting your WW5 Auto up to $1039.
This must have only been in effect for a short period before the Excise Tax was repealed effective 12/11/71.
At the same time the excise was repealed , PMD must have also in addition had a full revision of their own A-Body pricing structure as well. Since the WW5 Auto didn't just drop back to $1012 - it went down to $987.
And all associated prices went down lower as well.

Best I can put together without any supporting bulletins or memos at hand.
If we get enough cars , we will probably see some more examples like yours in the same short time period of invoicing.

If the original purchaser of your car had waited about 1 more week to order, they would have saved around $300+/- . Which would be about $3000-4000 in car money today.

Really appreciate you sharing yours with us.
If anyone can further elaborate on the pricings, please do.
That's interesting about the Excise tax, I didn't notice the price increase across the board. I was actually thinking MSRP price increase had something to do with the 80 amp alternator.

Is there a way to tell on the PHS how this car was ordered?

Also, I have a couple copies of WW5 PHS sheets that I have come across. They may be something you already have. I will dig them up and PM them to you.

Thanks again for all the great info!

'71 GTO, 406 CID, 60916, 1.65 HS, '69 #46 Heads 230CFM, 800CFM Q-jet, TH400, 12 Bolt 3.55
'72 Lemans, Lucerne Blue, WU2, T41, L78, M22, G80