View Single Post
Old 11-26-2019, 10:12 PM

Default BG Tripower on a 462 cid in my 66 GTO

I purchased a BG tripower setup for my 66 GTO a couple years ago and I love it. I had a 400 cid with the original tripower on it for years. But a few years ago I replaced the 400 with a built 462 and I wanted to keep a tripower setup on my car but I would of had to do some modifying of the original Rochester carbs to have it idle and run right. Instead I was lucky to find the BG triple D induction tripower setup which came with Demon 2 bbl carbs. They are originally 50 cfm bigger than the Rochester's, and they have a lot more adjust-ability than the Rochester's. I've used the BG tripower for 2 summers so far and the only problem I've had with them is 2 of the carbs had small leaks around the site glass. All I had to do was replace the o-ring behind the glass and I did that while they where still on the car. By the way I love the site glass in them, another benefit. I look forward to this summer when I'm going to replace the jets and squirters to see what I can get out of them. I will attach a few pics of the BG tripower after I rebuilt it. One pic shows it with the one piece oval air filter that came with it. I shined it up and used it for the first summer, but it just didn't look like a Pontiac tripower. So after searching for 3 separate air filters and finding nothing that fits the D shaped tops of the Demon carbs, I just machined my own base plates and used my old original filters. The final pic shows the tripower in my GTO with the separate filters.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0972.jpg
Views:	963
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	525506   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0974.jpg
Views:	638
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	525507   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0991.jpg
Views:	641