View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wase
I agree, gold looks very good on our year pontiacs. My 67 was originally Champagne gold,with gold interior. I used to see a 67 around that was Signet gold which looked good. A person in our local club had a 66 that was Martinique bronze, which to me looked just a little more brown than Signet. I was told at the local paint store that the original mixes couldn't be had with modern materials. At that time I was looking to get champagne, and a 98 saturn color was the closest thing. While my car sits in primer I'm still looking at colors and another gold that I find that I can have done is from 2000 Chrysler.

stwrangler..good luck with your 66 lemans. It reminds me of my first car and lots of good times in my green 66, thirty+ years ago.
Wase, another color which I think is beautiful is 2000 Ford Mustang Sunburst Gold. It was a rare color that was used to replace yellow. It was not very popular and Ford eventually went back to yellow. It's hard to even find a picture of one on the net, but I have found a few and I attached one. This is the color that I have been planning to paint my car from the day I bought it. Recently I been thinking about sticking with the color it was painted because of the compliments here and people who have seen the car in person
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mustang3.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	121672