View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 01:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You have a few other options to consider. If you are sure you want to stay with the 093 heads, you may want to investigate having the chambers modified to an open chamber design similar to the 670 shape or go all the way to a heart shape if the casting will allow. SD Performance may be worth a call to see what they can do. Of course you can always add some race gas to take care of the possible detonation and a re-curve of the distributor will help too. I ran a 421 HO with BME flat top pistons, 2 valve notches and a .045 compressed thick head gasket. Static compression was 11.2:1. Light throttle, light cruise it was OK with 32 degrees total timing and limited vacuum advance. Rules would not allow any chamber modification for pure stock drag racing. But I drove it on the street allot. If I was going to get after it on the street I put 2-3 gallons of Turbo Blue 104 octane gasoline in 15 gallons of unleaded premium. Never had an issue with detonation. If allowed, I would have dropped the compression to 9.8-10.00 to 1 by opening the chambers.