View Single Post
Old 05-01-2020, 08:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Decades ago when there were real parts places and not chain/franchise stores, these "old time" parts places usually were family owned and had people staffing them who knew parts. I remember back in the late '60's going to one to get heater hoses for my Olds. The parts guy had an idea of the length of the various hoses but looked up in one of the many parts catalogs (held in a large rack several feet long on the counter) and these old catlogs listed the hose diameter and the length for the hose (as frequently the supplier also supplied the big 3 with hoses and had the factory lengths in their books). Most of these old time parts houses went under with the infusion of AZ and O'R and others into the local business environment. Usually these catalogs were tossed or sometimes acquired by customers to sell at flea markets.

Maybe a member here has one of these old catalogs with the lengths in it and will chime in. Wish I had tried to salvage some of these catalogs back then but youth frequently lacks wisdom.

"No replacement for displacement!"

GTOAA--https://www.gtoaa.org/