View Single Post
Old 10-22-2021, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulabruce View Post
Heads are angle milled. You then need to mill the intake side to get the angle back so it seals properly. IF you have manifolds, expect them to be touching the motor mounts.
Why even mention a cam when you mention 1.65 rockers? They change the cam specs. Got the springs and guides for that lift?
Your fuel requirements will sure change as you chase a "static" compression number.
There is alot I don't know, but I'm always learning. Which is why I came to a forum to ask these questions. And I appreciate any input. I would be taking them to a very reputable machine shop in my area to be milled. I assume he would make sure they are done correctly to seal properly, but maybe I'm incorrect. The car has headers and plenty of clearance. As for mentioning what the cam is I was figuring if I asked if milling for a certain compression range was worth it people would want to know what cam I'm running. But maybe I'm figuring wrong. I do know that if I went to 1.65 rockers I (probably the machinist) would have to check spring pressures and installed height and spring bind. And I'd have to measure pushrod length. I don't know what I don't know so I appreciate being told those things because I've made alot of mistakes with my projects. At this point I'm really just asking what the power gain would be with those only two theoretical changes to see if it's even worth considering.