View Single Post
Old 09-15-2020, 11:49 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisp View Post
Good luck on the refund.
It's hard to get inflection from the written word. I can't tell if you are sincere or suggesting that it may be difficult?
I got a RMA and return shipping instructions from Cold Case/Max Performance, who are primary sponsors of this forum, and that may be an understatement as to how great a role they play in this site's existence. I wouldn't let that prevent me from being honest, give praise, or criticism, but I think it's worth noting.
I made the call, explained my problem, troubleshooting process, and undeniable conclusions. I believe they were going to offer a different fan solution, but were not argumentative and I have nothing negative to report on all of my interactions with them. I will receive a full refund once they get the fans and shroud back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
I'd be looking at having a fabricator build you a nice tapered shroud to use with the factory mechanical fan. Heck, if you are into tedious work ... you could build a mold and make one out of glass. There are probably very few electric setups that will draw as much air as a shrouded factory fan at idle.
I appreciate the advice, and I don't doubt what you are saying, but the only remaining improvement to be made is keeping the engine cool at idle when the car is stationary, and that is a big reason why I am going to the 16" 2,500 CFM two speed single fan and shroud assembly. Like I said in my last post, the 16" fan will run at full speed with the AC on, and whether the AC is on or not, the Dakota Digital PAC-2800BT module will control the fan speed according to the temperature, and I think it will move more air under the only circumstance that I still would like better cooling, and that is at idle, car not moving. I do appreciate the suggestion, and I did ask for advice or comments, but I'm confident this will work well. Whatever the results, I will definitely post them here. The fan comes in tomorrow, and I expect to have it installed no later than this weekend.
Thanks!