View Single Post
Old 05-19-2021, 02:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Location of 1965 Catalina Sway Bar Mounting Holes

Anyone have the sway bar bolt hole spacing measurements on the control arms from the rear bushings on a 65 Catalina? I received my new rear sway bar from ADDCO and placed it in position to test the fit and really don't like how far forward it had to go to make contact with the control arms. The bar ends up about 3" forward of the diff cover, and most I've seen end up about under the cover. To bring it back will require 3/8" to 1/2" spacer plates on both sides of the bar between it and the control arms to space the bar back where I would expect it to be. It would be handy to have hole spacing specs in hand when I call them to see why their bar fits funky.

Was thinking this was going to be as easy as it has been on the A-body cars we've added the bars to, but looks like this will have a few hurdles to get over. Got the spare set of arms all cleaned up but don't want to bugger them up with holes in the wrong places.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear control arms.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	566875