View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 07:20 PM

Hilarious, very entertaining.

So, NO other carb creates ported vacuum above the throttle plates. That is just plain false.

It seems in your world, other carb manufacturers simply cannot drill any vacuum passages other than straight into the side of the base plate, no passages upwards and sideways into the top of the venturii, as I have seen for decades.

And, well, I do have to confess, I do have extensive carburetor experience, as when I worked for Duntov at Skunk Works, I did engine design development, helped develop the coil in cap HEI, AND, worked extensively on carburetor development.

I also worked at Holley for a few years, I band sawed Dominator's in half for Pro-Stock racing, creating "Split-Dual" carbs for drag racing, and working directly for the racers.

By what you say as to ported vacuum production in non-Holley carbs, the same could be said from you, that there cannot be any oiling of an engine past the point of crankshaft feed galleries, because there are never any oiling passages drilled in engine blocks upwards to deliver oil pressure and oil above the crank center lines, and no water above the water pump insanity as well, nor can you drink any liquid from a cup that is half full even with a straw and suction applied, nor blow bubbles from that straw downward into the liquid, either. I am sure you will use those erroneous examples to prove your incorrect point as well, next.

PLEASE, "stop all this no ported vacuum above the wide open throttle plates" BS, we know better. Give it a rest.