View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 04:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I had the cooling lines fail on my 93 K3500 about 3 years ago from rust and corrosion while towing my fifth wheel camper. I did the splice and repair with high pressure hose one time only to have another portion fail. Nicopp replacements were the answer, as were all the brake lines a few years earlier. The lines will still be solid and operational when I'm gone, or the truck will be sitting in the junkyard with pristine tubing lines on it.........

Dataway, I know the feeling well late in the winter after living in Erie PA for 47 years, you get "snow fatigue" after fighting it for 3-4 months in a row.......not fun at all, especially living up on a mountain as you do. Since getting out of the lake effect zone I don't seem to get that "snow fatigue syndrome" any longer. Average of 40 inches a year is like the mildest winter I've ever seen in Erie back in the mid 80s. It was like 20 inches of snow in one season, probably a once in a lifetime phenomenon. I never even put the plow on my truck that year. Other years I was stacking snow up as high as I could with my truck as there was no longer any place to put it. The X wife took a picture of my daughter sled riding on the snow pile in the front yard, probably 10 feet high and 20 feet at the base. that was from just clearing the driveway for the season.

I notice that every plow operator down here never plans for more snow to fall after they first clear a lot or driveway. They never stack it, or move it past the edge of the pavement. That's because most times it's all melted before we get another significant snowfall. Big difference in the planning and techniques of plowing snow from what I'm used to.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Last edited by Sirrotica; 03-02-2021 at 05:14 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sirrotica For This Useful Post: