View Single Post
Old 10-15-2020, 12:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbking View Post
But I don't have to pull to the side of the road to find the correct portion of the dash screen to push to turn on the heater! Or change stations on the radio!

Jon.

Honest to goodness!
My truck has the touch screen with all the controls built into it, depending on your ability to navigate the different layers. It's really not that difficult, but takes a bit of lite concentration, concentration probably better used in the actual driving process. The truck also has all the same functions for control of the various systems in a more "old school" form....buttons...knobs...switches etc.

Lets see, punch around on a touch screen getting to a place where I can turn down the volume or drop the temp a few degrees OR reach up and ,pretty much without taking my eyes off the road, rotate a knob or push a button to accomplish the same task......I'm going "old school" every time.........

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.