View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 10:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This is interesting to me, so I'll post a couple of pictures. I have the car on stands so it is hard to get a decent picture--sorry.

The first two show the area of the body under the gas tank. This area was sprayed primarily with the redish brown primer with carousel red sprayed on the areas that hang down. There is very little black here.

In the last picture I attempted to show the carousel red at the edge of the body. (Those are smudges on my camera lense that look like finger prints.) I cannot get far enough away for a good shot--sorry. I have cleaned a 3-foot wide area across the body at the front of the quarters--have not worked on this too much. It is almost all the redish brown primer with carousel red on the side of the body and areas that hang lower. There may be some light black overspray here, but not much. So far, it looks like my car is correct with the primer and carousel red.

I have rubbed thru the primer in a couple of spots to reveal the black dye used on the bare metal body--just as motorcitymusclecar has described. I have never rubbed thru the black dye--tough stuff.

That's my saga so far. I'm concentrating on removing the undercoating from the frame so I can paint it and then back to the body to remove more undercoating.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	165007-R1-06-7.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	157395   Click image for larger version

Name:	165007-R1-04-9.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	157396   Click image for larger version

Name:	165007-R1-08-5.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	157397  

Some people know all of their rights, but none of their obligations.