View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 01:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default WTB '77-'81 Non-T/A Bird

Haven't found the right car for my street/strip project. TJ likes '77-'81 Birds. And, since they offer several advantages, for my purposes, I've started a search for just the right Bird.

The MAIN problem is budget. With an unlimited budget, I'd have no problem finding plenty of Birds. But, I've gotta have a decent body, for a very reasonable price. Can't do body & resto work, so I need a driver that mostly just needs a good engine/trans, and maybe a cheap paint job, to put it on the street. Can't use a rusty or disassembled project.

Prefer a non-T/A. Formy would be nice, but not necessary. No T-tops, moon roofs, or power windows. Prefer a 350 or larger Pontiac engine. 2nd choice would be a 301.

Prefer a '77-'78, or a later model with a '77-'78 nose.

Max price is $8k. But that would have to be a nice driver. Have found some decent '79 403 cars for around $4k-$5k. Needs to be within 600 miles or so of North Louisiana. I've been searching FB Marketplace, CL, Ebay, etc.

So, any of you guys know where I might locate the car I need ?

Again, I'm not interested in rusty, or unfinished projects. Need something I can put my 455/TH400 in & hit the streets. I realize there are not a LOT of good deals still out there. But, guys still post about running across a bargain, occasionally. And, I only need ONE car. So, it's out there somewhere.

Any help would be appreciated !