View Single Post
Old 03-28-2024, 05:32 PM
Senior Chief

So a new dyno session has been scheduled and I have made quite a few upgrades, and have some new things to test. For this next go around I am bringing two complete blower setups, the first as before, the second setup with the injectors mounted over the valve covers in the traditional location for port injection on a V8. My risers allow for either location to be plumbed, either above the valve covers or hidden in the valley- buyers choice.

The first pulls in the next session will be using the above valve cover location as I need to validate that both locations work similarly.

Once I mounted the new fuel rails, the next order of business was to fabricate a new crank trigger. I came up with a pretty elegant system using the ATI damper to mount the magnets. ATI sells a replacement shell with the magnets already attached, so I just switched out the outer damper shell with the new one. They will put up to 12 magnets in the shell, or if you prefer will mount a 24 tooth reluctor. I just used 4 magnets, 90 degrees apart which is all you need for a 6000 rpm V8. But if you want 12 you can certainly get them. Note the sensor is a Hall effect which reduces sensitivity to RFI.

From there I fired up my 3D printer and made a few versions until I got one I liked that allowed plenty of adjustment. I used a high temperature polycarbonate so it will stand up to the engine heat on the dyno. For production I'll just make them out of billet aluminum on the 5 axis. Here are some pics:

The damper turned out really slick, you can hardly see the magnets. The raised diameter right next to the timing marks is where the magnets are.

Here it is with the harness connected:

And here are the raised position fuel rails:

1969 GTO 467, Edelbrock 325 CFM, Terminator EFI
1969 Firebird Convertible
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to darbikrash For This Useful Post: