View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 10:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Things continue to progress here. I have three TH400's completely disassembled in the garage. Will build two of them; one for this car, one to sell. Cases have been cleaned; will paint them with "Cast Blast" and start the re-assembly.

455 is getting close - - intake is on, just finishing up a few details.

Have three 68/69 endura noses in the garage - one tweaked where it looks like someone hooked a chain to it to pull someone out of a ditch. Another one is very straight (although somewhat weathered), but someone sliced/ground a bit of material away from the inner surface on the top inside of the bumper. Not going to be noticeable, but still bugs me. Ended up picking up another nose this weekend - it's straight and all there. It has seen better days, but I think I will end up using it.

I test fit one of the endura's on the Lemans this weekend. Car looks 100% better. I really am not a big fan of the chrome bumper, although the 68 looks much better than the 69, imo.

Anyway, once the drivetrain is done, I plan to remove the front cap, pull the 350/2 sp auto, clean frame, front suspension and firewall, paint firewall, and then install the 455/TH400. I will need a new core support, but those aren't terribly expensive. Hope I don't need inner fenders as well.

Thanks

Scott