Thread: 1966 2+2
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 09:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

65 and 66 2+2's have very similar resale values, if in similar condition and with similar options. It's really a matter of taste pure and simple. Performance and options were very similar, they drive the same. Some like the more ornate and softer interior of the 65 cars better, more chrome trim in the interior, thicker seats. Some like the 65 dash better with all round gauges vs the combination square and round in a 66 with a tach. Some like the crisper lines of the 66 and the clean, body with little trim. But some like the softer lines of the 65 and the more expensive metal grills and headlight treatment vs the plastic grills of the 66. The 65 2+2 was in lots of road tests and magazines and the Car and Driver test vs the Ferrari is legend. Almost 3 times the number of 65's were built vs 66. So there are pluses and minus for the 65 vs 66. Personally, I like the 66 overall a little better, having owned 2 of them, but I like 65's very much too. 64 2+2's have the lowest value of the model by a wide margin because no special engine and drivetrain was standard. You could get one with a 389 2 bbl. It was a trim option only. 67's are next, not allot of love for that model either. I think they are really cool, having owned a 428 HO 3 speed manual one. I think the loss of Tri-power hurt the car quite a bit in 67. Also the 67 Grand Prix, was a style leader that year. Good luck with your sale.