View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 11:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Ok I was able to look at the car for a few Minutes on Friday, the VIN Starts 2F37M4A

So that makes it a 1974 Lemans Sport Coupe Built in Atlanta GA with a 350 2bbl single exhaust engine. The seller believes the car was originally an Automatic car, and I tend to agree. I could not get the engine block code as it was to faint.
The good points are the car had a 4-speed Muncie with all the shift linkage and back drive linkage in it, has a Hurst Shifter in it. The engine starts runs idles and sounds like it has a lot of cam in it, also does not smoke. The car has a Factory Gauge Package, a new Holly Carb, New battery, new exhaust, and 4-tube Coated headers on it. It comes with a used 3.23 posi Axle, a rear sway bar with brackets is in the trunk, along with a replacement passenger side sport mirror.
The Body, Floor boards and trunk floor and frame are solid. The body has what looks like original Paint, never looks like it was in a major collision. The rear 1/4's and front fenders need work both are bad southern rust (not bad for Michigan) The bottom pinch welds on the doors are starting to go, they have heavy surface rust. Hood and trunk look OK, Bumpers and fillers are OK. Battery tray is shot, almost not there. Interior is rough,

Lyn I will post some picture's soon when I get some time. A lot of good parts, but is it worth $3000? Maybe. The pedal is on the floor so figure a complete brake overhaul, and the shift linkage is jambed in 1st so I could not drive it.

78 Catlina Safari, Pontiac 400 powered
77 Astre Formula, 215 Buick V-8 T-5
73 Lemans Safari, 400 4bbl 4-speed
71 Catalina Enforcer, 455 4bbl
06 Mallet Solstice #024 LS2, Now with a Tremec 6060 6-speed!
2012 F-150 Echo Boost (My local Ford Dealer SUX!!!)
2020 Dodge Charger Scat pack (recovered)