Thread: 326 valve job
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2021, 08:35 PM

Default 326 valve job

I'm doing a cam swap and valve job on a 326 in my 65 Lemans early production. It has a 64 engine that has been recently rebuilt bored .060". This engine has all new rocker arms WITH the oil holes. The 64 engine has pressurized lube going through the deck up to the heads and the hollow studs they used for many years.

Question: Should I plug these oil passages ? Considering some soft plugs and maybe stake them as I don't want to make threads. The engine is staying in the car.

I'm open to suggestions and conversation on what cam to use and reactions to everything I've stated. I've installed the 65-66 valves so they are slightly longer and good valve retainer clearance up to about .450" on both sides. I could get more clearance with new retainers but don't expect to need it.

RA ex manifolds with 2.5" Pypes with X. Going with 2.5/2" reducers coming out of the manifolds for velocity and anti-reversion. This will be custom made to fit between the flanges like a gasket and go down into the lead pipes a couple inches if possible.